EMS Gathering Call for abstracts is now open!
Only abstracts that have been submitted in final form on and before the deadline will be considered for inclusion in the abstract sessions and the award competition. The closing date for abstract submission is
Friday 24th February 2017. EXTENDED UNTIL FRIDAY 10th MARCH
Eligibility & Rules
- All health care professionals, physicians, nurses, paramedics, students, administrators and other medical providers are all encouraged to participate.
- Submitting an abstract does not register you for the EMS Gathering. You must register for the EMS Gathering separately.
- The Abstract Committee will consider for acceptance abstracts that have been previously presented at other national, regional, and international scientific meetings.
- Abstracts on topics covering prehospital clinical care, education, service delivery, management, research and more will be considered.
Abstracts are to be submitted strictly online via the Google Form –
Review Process and Scoring Criteria
Abstracts will be peer-reviewed in blinded fashion. Abstract scoring and acceptance will be based strictly on merit.
Authors will be notified if their abstract has been selected for oral or poster presentation as soon as the review is complete (review will commence on closing date). Further details regarding placement as an oral or poster presentation, as well as times of presentation will follow as soon as possible. If you do not receive any notification of your abstract’s status, please contact us.
- The complete abstract must not exceed 180 characters for the TITLE and 340 words / 2800 characters for the BODY.
- The body should be arranged to the following headings: Background, objective, methods, results and conclusions (if applicable)
- Spell out words.
- Do not use abbreviations.
- The title and text cannot include advertising of any product or company.
The dimensions of posters should not exceed 120cm in height and 95cm in width.
NOTE TO ALL SUBMITTERS: POSTER DIMENSIONS ARE GREATER IN HEIGHT THAN IN WIDTH.
PLEASE PREPARE YOUR POSTER ACCORDINGLY.
- Poster location within the venue will be advised and will be clearly signposted and advertised. Each poster should be up for a two-day period.
- Supplies for mounting your poster need to be supplied by each presenter.
- Times for placing and removing posters will be advised if abstract accepted for presentation.
- PowerPoint for PC is the only acceptable presentation format for oral abstract presentations. Apple software users should save their presentation in a PowerPoint or PDF format.
- Oral abstracts will be scheduled for presentation on Friday 5th May.
- If your abstract is selected for oral presentation please ensure you (or a co-author) are available on to attend the event to deliver the presentation.
- Presentations will be 8 minutes maximum with 2 minutes after the presentation for Q&A.
Oral and Poster abstract prizes
The Abstract Committee will determine first place in each category, and prizes will be awarded to the top oral presentation, and the top scoring poster presentation, and one runner up in each category after presentation. Submit your abstract today to be considered for this amazing opportunity!
The Irish Journal of Paramedicine (IJP) will publish all oral and poster abstracts that are accepted and presented at the EMS Gathering in a special supplement following the meeting.